Here are some new things for Redshift:
- Increased concurrency to 50 slots —Run more simultaneous queries and balance large and small queries
- Copy from EMR — Easily load data in parallel from EMR clusters to Redshift
- Copy from JSON – Load in parallel directly from JSON files on S3.
- REGEX_SUBSTR() - Use regex expressions directly in SQL queries
- Resize Progress Indicator — Resize progress monitor in the console or using API to get the same data.
- Max Result Set Size — Choose cursor counts and result set sizes
- FedRAMP approval — FedRAMP
- Support for ECDHE-RSA & ECDHE-ESDCSA SSL cipher suites — Perfect forward security for SSL connections.