Three methods to send messages to mobile devices:
1. SNS mobile push : http://docs.aws.amazon.com/sns/latest/dg/mobile-push-send-directmobile.html
2. SNS mobile push with topics: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/sns/latest/dg/mobile-push-send-topicmobile.html
3. SNS with SMS: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/sns/latest/dg/SMSMessages.html
More details here on all three methods to send messages to phones using SNS here: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/sns/latest/dg/SNSMobilePush.html
Here are some things to be aware of:
· AWS Region: Mobile push to Android, iOS and Kindle Fire devices works in all public AWS regions, but SMS is only available in US-East
· Recipient location: Mobile push recipients can be anywhere in the world so long as they have IP connectivity. But SNS currently only supports US numbers.
· Topic versus Direct mobile push: Mobile push notifications can be directly addressed to a single endpoint, but SMS currently must be delivered through a topic.